Thursday, January 26, 2012

Polyester Grandma Shirt...To Awesome TubeTop-ish Shirt

I scored this awesome polyester grandma shirt for .75 at the thrift store. It was hideous. Lol. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it, but I really liked the print. I just started playing with it and ended up picking off the sleeves...freehand sewing up the sides of this bad boy and cutting off the excess. Then I turned it around so the buttons were in the back (I love that for some reason) and bingo...done.

BEFORE-this is THE perfect polyester grandma shirt. I LOVE it.

What is this???? Picking off the sleeves??? Shocking!

At this point I had jsut freehand sewed diagonally from the bottom to the top on both sides. Again...if you look closely you can see the stitch lines.

This is after I trimmed off the excess fabric.

AFTER-I turned this around and kept the collar. Silky smooth comfy shirt :) I think I will end up shortening it a bit.

And here's the back. I basically sewed up the front button flap to the point that I thought looked good...but kept as much of the collar and flap look as I could. I LOVE the back. This shirt was a bit tricky to make as far as fit goes...there was much tweaking. But I think it was well worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice project and results. I love the back also. You gave me an idea for a black polyester grandma shirt I bought when I first started working to look more adult in the legal field, but which bores me. I like the pattern on it though.

    ReplyDelete