Thursday, January 26, 2012

Funky Sixties!

I bought this bitchin homemade shirt. It was made from this really amazing green and black graphic print from the 60's. I picked it up at one of my favorite thrift stores for .50. I held on to this shirt FOREVER because I loved the fabric so much I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I finally decided to just make something with it...anything. So I traced out a tank top shape with my highlighter and then sewed it up! You can see the hilighter outline :) I turned it backwards so the buttons are on the back now...as you know...that's my M.O. Very cute. I loved that this shirt started out random and HOMEMADE. It made it that more special for me to work on. These clothes have seen a lot of things...that's one of my favorite parts about working with old stuff :) I ended up pairing it with a black belt...very cute.

BEFORE-Just your basic collared button up homemade Sixties situation. The print is amazing up close :)

Guess what??? I'm picking off the sleeves! That's wierd.(note the sarcasm) I need to do a project with all sleeves...I've got quite the collection!

Here's the basic outline of a tank...in highlighter. If you look hard you can see it ;)

And here it is cut out. Now I just need to sew it up!

AFTER-Here's the front. I paired it with a black belt. Kind of an odd pic, but it's the best I had lol.

And here's the back. You can see the buttons going up. I sewed the flap closed for more security. Again...random angle...but the best I could do. Thanks for the help with the pics, T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment