Friday, January 27, 2012

Funky Parrot Canvas Into Random Bloody Art

I found this ugly parrot canvas...I always try to buy ugly old art on canvas when I see it at the thrift store because I can always reuse it :) If you know me at all you know I'm incredibly frugal...to the point of insanity...and I will save a few cents EVERYWHERE I can (this includes unpicking elastic, buttons and zippers from old clothes so I can reuse them again lol) say what you will about me....but I haven't bought a zipper in since 2005. Lol. So, I used some white spray paint to return this to a blank canvas. Then I aged it with ink. I had some pages left over from the book wreath I made. It was a HORRIBLE political book and it had some REALLY messed up phrases. I cut them out and stuck them on...stamped a couple of images and made some fake blood. I splattered and dripped the fake blood all over the canvas. And that's it! It's one of my darker projects...which I like. But I feel the blood element of this project didn't turn out like I wanted it to. This is my first go with consistency and splatter technique...and I'll definitely do it differently next time. But that's how ya learn :)

BEFORE-I started painting over the parrot with white spray paint. This is after one coat. It takes a couple.

And it's a blank canvas again! It's like magic!

This is after I distressed it a bit with some brown ink.

AFTER-This was a wierd project. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment