Thursday, January 26, 2012

Black Men's T Into Fantastic Top!

This project was really fun! I saw a shirt sort of similar to this concept and i decided to make a version :) Basically I cut off the sleeves (and saved one of the hems off the sleeve) then I sewed up and down the front. This helped take it in for size purposes. Then I sewed messy stitches all over the front. Back and forth, up and down, left and right and everywhere in between :) When I was done with the stitching I gathered the back part by the shoulders and sewed the hem of the sleeve that i had cut off and saved into a circle to hold it all together. I LOVE how this turned out. It's a very unique looking shirt. One of my favorite things to wear :)

BEFORE-Boring black T...not huge but just a bit oversized.

I just started in the middle of the neck an piched a bit of fabric (sane people would probably pin this and measure them all out...but you know me...not gonna happen)I sewed 5 of those from the neck to the bottom hem. (I like odd numbers :) Then I sewed them down in one direction...went down about four inches and sewed them down in the opposite direction. I continued that all the way down the shirt. After that I started at the top and did a zig zag stitch in a zig zag pattern down the front. I'm pretty sure I may as well have been speaking Greek there. Eh?

Oh Snap! Guess what!!! I'm cutting off the sleeves. Bet you did NOT see that coming! ;) BTW, these are my favorite scissors...they are MASSIVE.

This is just the hem I cut off of one of the sleeves...I'm gonna use that nugget! We'll see if you can find it in the pics...it's like where's Waldo lol.

AFTER-Here's the front. LOVE this shirt!!!

Close up of the messy stitches...hopefully you can make them out a bit better :)

And the back...can you see the sleeve hem??? That's right I used it to gather the back on top of my shoulder blade area. You found Waldo!

No comments:

Post a Comment