Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hot Pink Nightshirt Into A Halter

Um...hot pink silk nightshirt? Whatever, it was a quarter. This was a challenge for me...only because there were SO many possibilities! I decided on a halter. I wanted to use the back as the front. I cut out the rough shape...unpicked the sleeves and collar...sized it down....gathered the new front (old back)...reattached the collar and made a new button hole. It turned out great :) It looks kinda purple
In some of the pics because of the lighting in my studio.

BEFORE-Don't act like you don't like this...It's a keeper ;)

This is mid-way through this project. I unpicked the collar and cut the basic shape (I made the front into the new back, and the back is now the front...like I do lol) Then I gathered the new front and re-attatched the collar. After that I basically just sized it down and cut a bunch of length off the bottom to make it even. Uh...did that even make sense?

AFTER-This is the front...it's a fuzzy pic. For some reason the lights in my studio made this look purple. I assure you it's hot pink still. :)

Here's how the back turned out. Again...my studio lighting sucks.

And here's a close up of the top of the front since you couldn't see it very well in the other pic. This shirt is so girly! Not usually my style, but I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment