Thursday, January 26, 2012

Breakfast At Tiffany's Purse

I came upon this ugly canvas DKNY purse in the quarter bin at hope thrift store. It was in perfect shape...just SO not my style. I started by spray painting it black...handle and all. Then I cut random circles out of a pair of silk PJ bottoms that I got from my mom (thanks ma). Hot glued the circles to the bag...and this is what I came up with :) It's VERY girly and feminine. I love the look of it!

BEFORE-slightly nautical looking...not for long!

This was about halfway through the spray painting process. It took a bunch of coats. (Good thing I am patient!) After I was done painting it I sealed it :)

AFTER-So...basically I just cut a TON of circles out of the silk PJ's...and they were NOT pretty. Then I hot glued them to the purse. If I were to do this again I would use a different glue...one with better hold...and that won't blister my fingers. ;) It's inevitable that I burn myself every time. I just don't care enough to be careful. Honestly. And this thing took FOREVER to make, but I totally LOVE how this thing turned out! My friend Ronnie said it reminded her of Breakfast At Tiffany's...hence the name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment