Sunday, March 9, 2014

The World's Best Minestrone...Seriously.

This is one of my favorite recipes. It's so easy and it tastes AMAZING! I've been making this recipe for about 12 years. I adapted it from a minestrone recipe I found on a website all those years ago. Definitely one in my permanent rotation.

 
 

Here are the ingredients. Sausage, onion, garlic, chicken broth, tomatoes, chick peas, kidney beans, carrots, spinach, pasta, basil and marjoram. (Green beans are really good in this too. Mr. T. has a serious issue with green beans, so I leave them out for him.)
 
 
Chop onion and mice garlic.Brown the sausage with the onion and garlic. After cooked through, drain and return to pot.
 
 
Slice carrots. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients.
 
 
Here's what it looks like after adding kidney beans.
 
 
And chick peas.
 
 
And carrots and tomatoes. (Hand squished)
 
 
Everything is in! Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until pasta is tender.
 
 
 
 All done! That's it! SO EASY! Serve with garlic bread or French bread and enjoy!
 
 
Seriously, SO delicious!!!
 
 
 

 
 
INGREDIENTS
1lb sausage
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
5 C. chicken broth
1 30 oz. can of chopped tomatoes, undrained (I always just use whole because that's what I keep in my pantry and then I squish them with my hands)
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (chick peas), undrained
1 15 oz. can of kidney beans, undrained (I usually use dark, but I only had light in my pantry this time. Either one works.)
1 C. small shell pasts (I only had elbows today, but I prefer the shells. You can substitute any small pasta.)
1 10 oz. package of frozen spinach, thawed
1 1/2 C. frozen green beans, thawed (I leave them out these days)
1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
 
 
Note* If you'd like to make it spicy you can use spicy Italian sausage and add some red pepper flakes to taste.
 
DIRECTIONS
Heat sausage, onion and garlic in stock pot over med high heat. Brown sausage and cook through. Drain and return to pot.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer until pasta is tender.
ENJOY!!!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment