Monday, March 5, 2012

Men's Dress Shirt Into a Cute Frilly Top

So, this is a shirt I made a while ago...I didn't document the making of this along the way, but here's the before and after. (Sorry, I forgot to turn the flash off on my camera...bad pic...I'll redo it later) This project was pretty easy and straight forward. I just unpicked the sleeves and sized it down. I cut a scoop neck out to get rid of the collar. Then I cut 2 long strips out of the sleeves (maybe 3" wide and the entire length of the sleeve. I gathered the strips and layered one on top of the other one. I sewed these onto the hemed scoop neck and finished it off with a brown braided leather belt. Half of the time I wear a belt high waisted like in the pic...and the other half of the time I wear a thick brown belt around the hip area. (I'll post a pic of it this way soon!) And that's it! Fairly easy and super comfy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment